Effective Date May 25, 2018.
MRC Global Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and JV companies (together “MRC Global”, “we”,
“our” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy and complying with applicable data
protection and privacy laws globally.
This statement details how we collect, use and manage the personal information provided to us, whether by individuals
we do business with, job applicants or by visitors or users of our websites, portals and apps.
We want to help you make informed decisions, so please take a few moments to read this statement.
DATA COLLECTION & USE
MRC Global collects personal information from a range of individuals in the context of its business activities, including:
- Representatives of our counterparties and advisors
- Job applicants
- Users of our websites, portals and apps
- Anyone who provides their personal information to us
Data collected directly from individuals
The types of personal information we may collect from you, includes:
- contact details such as your name, title, company name, job position, email address, telephone numbers and physical
- photographic identification
- Information disclosed by you in communications via telephone, letter, email, social media or in meetings
- Information collected from due diligence checks and clearance questionnaires
- Attendance records where you attend our offices and sites
- Feedback from you about our products and services, including our websites
- Third party references and details of your education and employment history together with salary information and
additional personal information as described in your CV if you are applying for a job
We collect personal information from you through our websites in the following situations:
- you complete one of the “Contact Us” forms which appear on many pages of our websites or you click on
the “Email” tab
- you apply for a position with MRC Global through the careers page of our websites, portals and apps
- you use one of the customer or supplier tools available through our websites and submit your personal information through these tools
- you register with us to receive alerts
When collecting information that might be used to contact you about products or services, we give you the opportunity
to opt out from receiving such communications.
MRCGO: Access to MRC Global’s website “MRCGO” provides our customers with the ability to conduct e-commerce
transactions. Users of MRCGO must register with us in order to use MRCGO by providing personal information such as
their name, email address, company name, office name, business address and business phone number. MRC
Global will collect this personal information in our databases.
We only use the personal information collected from you for legitimate business-related purposes, including:
- To respond to queries or requests submitted by you
- To process orders or applications submitted by you
- To perform any contract between you and us
- To manage accounts and records
- To conduct clearance procedures
- For demographic analysis and to personalize your web experience
- To support our corporate social responsibility activities and company policies
- To comply with any law or regulation
Data collected by automated means
We automatically collect certain standard information that is sent by your browser to our websites, portals and apps when you
use them. This includes technical information such as the type of internet browsers you use, the
websites from which you linked to our websites, language and time zone settings, access times and your IP address, which may be recognized as personal information.
We use this information to administer our websites, portals and apps and for legitimate internal operational reasons including
troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical and survey purposes.
We also collect limited personal information from cookies on our websites, which we explain more about below.
A cookie is a small data file, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from
a website’s computers and is stored on your computer’s hard drive, if your browser settings allow it.
These technologies collect information about your device hardware and interactions with our site. We use this information
to help us to analyze how our site is used so we can continually improve its content and functionality and to remember
with social networking sites or other services.
To learn about what cookies and similar technologies are and how you can delete or reject cookies, we recommend that
you visit the following third-party website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
MRC Global will only disclose the personal information absolutely necessary in all circumstances. We may disclose your
personal information, strictly for the following purposes:
- To third-party providers who use your personal information to provide a service to us
- If MRC Global decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses
- To protect any intellectual property rights in any materials displayed or otherwise available from our websites, portals and apps
- To respond to a legal request or comply with a legal obligation
websites, portals and apps
Any third-party provider we appoint must act in accordance with our written instructions when processing your personal
information and must protect your personal information in accordance with contractually agreed security measures.
MRC Global does not sell, trade or rent your personal information, or use or disclose it for marketing purposes, and
does not give or distribute it to any third parties except as described above.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal information collected on our websites, portals and apps may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country
in which MRC Global operate worldwide. We do this under our Data Transfer Agreement which guarantees an adequate
level of data protection wherever your information is physically kept.
Where we store or transfer your personal information to a third-party provider based outside of the European Economic
Area, we take steps so that your personal information is adequately protected.
MRC Global is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. Whilst no security measure can guarantee
against a data breach, we use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect data from accidental
or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure.
You may, under certain circumstance and pursuant to applicable law, have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and ask for it to be rectified and deleted at
any time. You can do so through the “Contact Us” page on our websites or by emailing
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, before
making it non-identifiable or deleting it.
If you choose to unsubscribe from a service then we may keep a list containing your details so we know you have unsubscribed.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites may contain links to those of other third-party companies. These websites operate independently from our
websites and are not subject to this Privacy Statement. You should review the privacy statements of those websites
to determine how they use and protect personal data.
Our websites are general audience sites, however MRC Global does not seek to gather information about children through
its websites and will not do so deliberately. If you are under 16 years old, please do not send us your personal
information (for example your name, address and email address). If you are under 16 years old and you do wish to
ask a question or use this websites in anyway which requires you to submit your personal information please ask your
parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement or our handling of personal information, please
contact us through the “Contact Us” page on our websites or by emailing
If you are in the EU, you also have the right to raise a privacy concern with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority
established in the relevant country. Alternatively, you may raise the privacy concern with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK Supervisory Authority for data protection issues.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
MRC Global may update this privacy statement from time to time. When we do we will revise the effective date at the top
of the privacy statement.