Purchasing quality products in accordance with industry and customer specifications at competitive prices in the global manufacturing landscape is one of MRC Global’s strengths. We develop long-term relationships with the best manufacturers in the world and are continually searching the globe for new, reliable sources for the PVF products our customer’s need.
By using an in-depth Supplier Qualification Process, thorough Inbound Inspection Process and rapid response process for any issues that emerge, MRC Global provides more than just products. We provide the confidence and peace of mind that our customers have come to expect from working with the leading PVF distributor in the world.
Key Components of MRC Global's Quality Process
Our on-site audits, inbound inspections and non-conformance management all make up vital elements of our program.
Manufacturer Qualification as the Foundation
- On-site assessment by MRC Global's team of experienced auditors
- Thorough review of quality system, process capability and product conformity
- 1-5 days to complete depending on complexity and scope of operations including sub-suppliers
- 60-80 per year
Routine Inspections to Monitor Performance
- Material Test Reports (MTR) Review
- Visual and dimensional inspection
- Positive Material Identification (PMI) for alloy materials
- Independent third party mechanical and chemical analysis, and pressure testing and x-ray of valves
Non-Conformance Management to contain, correct and improve
- Real-time, electronic reporting
- Recognize problem
- Contain and limit impact
- Identify cause, typically through independent third party analysis
- Correct and prevent the root causes
- Timely and Reliable Delivery
- Quality Assurance
- Dedication to Safety
- Sourcing Capability
- Competitive Pricing
- Product Standardization
- Process Efficiencies
Product, suppliers, manufacturers and services vary by region. For more information, contact an MRC Global location in your region.